Dental implants from your dentists in Webster, NY, can give you back your smile.
If you are living with an incomplete smile because of missing teeth, your self-confidence is probably suffering too. Your smile is important and you deserve to show a great smile to the world. You can get back your beautiful smile with dental implants!
Dr. David Fantuzzo and Dr. Jonathan Carey of Bayview Smiles in Webster, NY, offer a full range of dental services, including dental implants to give you back your smile.
Dental implants are a great choice for just about everyone, but your healing time may be affected if you:
- Are diabetic
- Drink alcohol excessively
- Have a history of radiation to your face or jaws
Great oral hygiene is essential to get the best results from your dental implants, so it’s important to have an excellent oral hygiene regimen of brushing after meals and before bed, and flossing at least once each day. The really good news is, you can brush and floss your dental implants right along with your natural teeth, so it’s easy to maintain a healthy smile.
In addition to the easy maintenance of dental implants, there are many other benefits you will enjoy, including:
- A natural appearance, because materials that closely resemble tooth enamel are used for your dental implant crowns, so your dental implants will be virtually identical to your natural teeth
- Complete stability, because dental implants are firmly embedded in bone, so you can be confident they will never move around
- An amazing success rate, because dental implants are the most successful surgical implant, with a success rate of over 95 percent, according to the American Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Dental implants are the right choice for you, and they can give you back the smile you’ve been missing. To find out more about why dental implants are right for you, talk with the experts. Call Dr. Fantuzzo and Dr. Carey of Bayview Smiles in Webster, NY, at (585) 671-7277 now!
Crowns and bridges solve a multitude of dental problems. In fact, your Webster, NY, dentists at Bayview Smiles, Drs. David Fantuzzo and Jonathan Carey, often use the restorations to replace, restore or protect teeth.
How crowns and bridges can improve your smile
Dental health issues can happen no matter how carefully you care for your teeth. Your tooth could become a little weaker after a root canal, or you might break a tooth during a fall or lose a tooth after a dental abscess.
Depending on your particular problem, your dentist may recommend a crown or bridge during your visit to the Webster dental office. Crowns, commonly called caps, are hollow restorations that slide over the top of teeth and are cemented in place.
The restorations may be made of porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal, ceramic and resin. All of these materials look like natural tooth enamel and are strong enough to handle years of chewing and biting. Before you receive a crown, your dentist reduces the size of your tooth to ensure a comfortable fit for your restoration.
Bridges usually consist of one or two artificial teeth supported by crowns on either end. They're made of the same durable materials used to create bridges. Crowns and bridges are tinted to match a variety of tooth shades, ensuring that your restoration blends in with your smile. A crown or bridge can be a good option if you need to:
- Repair a Fractured Tooth: Crowns make fractured teeth whole again. The restorations restore the length and width of your tooth, enhance your appearance, and improve your biting and chewing ability.
- Strengthen a Fragile Tooth: Teeth can become fragile if they're cracked, brittle, or if you've had a large filling or root canal treatment. Unfortunately, weak teeth may eventually fracture if they're not strengthened with a crown.
- Replace Missing Teeth: Bridges fill the gaps in your smile if you've lost teeth. The crown portions of the teeth are cemented on to teeth on either side of your gap to ensure a stable, secure fit for your bridge. Crowns can also be used to replace missing teeth when they're attached to dental implants.
- Enhance Your Smile: Crowns can cover imperfections and discolorations in teeth, change the shape of teeth, or lengthen short teeth.
Could crowns and bridges help your smile? Call your Bayview Smiles dentists in Webster, NY, Drs. David Fantuzzo and Jonathan Carey, at (585) 671-7277 to schedule your appointment.
How teeth whitening from your dentists in Webster, New York can give you an outstanding smile
Is your smile outstanding, or is it dull and uninteresting? When you smile at people, do they smile back? Are you embarrassed by your smile? These are just a few of the questions you need to ask yourself, and then you need to talk to your dentist about teeth whitening.
Dr. David A. Fantuzzo and Dr. Jonathan S. Carey at Bayview Smiles in Webster, New York offer a wide range of family dentistry services, including professional teeth whitening to give you an outstanding smile.
Many things can influence the way your smile looks:
- Everyday habits like drinking coffee or smoking can lead to dark, stained teeth
- Normal aging can lead to dull, yellowing teeth
- Genetics or some medications can lead to blotchy, discolored teeth
The good news is, a professional teeth whitening treatment can change your smile from uninteresting to outstanding. Professional teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry services available because it is:
- Effective; you can whiten your smile up to 8 shades brighter
- Long-lasting; your dramatic results can last up to 5 years
- Safe; the products and methods used in professional teeth whitening have been rigorously tested and approved by the American Dental Association
- Quick; the in-office treatment takes only about an hour
At Bayview Smiles, you can choose from two professional teeth whitening methods:
- In-office whitening, which takes only about an hour; it’s an excellent choice to give you a bright white smile in a hurry, or just in time for a special event.
- Take-home whitening, which is a kit containing everything you need to whiten at your own pace, in your own home; it’s the ultimate convenience.
If your smile isn’t all it could be, it’s time to talk with your dentists about professional teeth whitening. It’s time to call Dr. David A. Fantuzzo and Dr. Jonathan S. Carey of Bayview Smiles in Webster, New York at (585) 671-7277. Call now!
Getting your teeth whitened professionally can be a life-changing experience. Whiter teeth are associated with youth, health, vitality and even your level of professionalism in the workplace. Your dentist has the ability to improve the appearance of your teeth by up to eight shades in one short visit. Explore the following FAQs about teeth whitening so that you can decide if this cosmetic treatment is right for you.
Why is Professional Teeth Whitening the Best Option?
Over the counter whitening products are convenient but problematic for a number of reasons. For one, they take a long time to show results (sometimes weeks or months), if they ever do. Whitening kits that come with trays are ill-fitting and uncomfortable to wear for extended periods of time. When you have your teeth whitened professionally, the treatment is finished within one day, in one appointment. There’s no need to disrupt your schedule by wearing a tray every day and little to no concerns about irritation of the gums since the procedure will be handled by a skilled dentist.
Who Is a Candidate?
Any patient with generally good dental health may be a candidate for professional teeth whitening. Keep in mind that some patients aren’t eligible for this treatment because they have stains that can’t be cleared with whitening gels. This is the case when the stain is “intrinsic,” which means the discoloration is at the inner layer of the tooth. Your dentist can tell you if your teeth can be successfully whitened at your initial consultation.
What Will Happen at the Whitening Appointment?
Set aside at least an hour of your time for your teeth whitening appointment. You’ll sit back in your chair as the dentist inserts a device to keep your lips separate from your teeth then applies the gel. You’ll wait for anywhere between 60-90 minutes until the whitening effect has set in. Many patients choose to have this treatment performed on a lunch hour.
How Long Will the Teeth Stay White?
You can expect to enjoy your new whiter smile for about one to two years or longer. The length of time your smile will last depends on you and your dental habits. If you go back to eating the same foods and drinking the same beverages that stained your teeth in the past, the problem is likely to return more quickly. Use a straw, brush regularly and see your dentist for cleanings twice per year.
Contact Your Dentist
You will be happy with the way that your smile looks after going to your dentist for a teeth whitening treatment. If you have more questions, call for an appointment today.
Welcome to the Blog of Bayview Smiles, P.C.
Whether you are an existing patient or searching for a dentist in the Webster, NY area, we’re excited you are here. With the dental industry advancing, we recognize the importance of keeping our patients and visitors up to date with all of the new and exciting things taking place in our practice.
As we move forward with our blog, we hope to promote dental awareness as a vital part of your healthy lifestyle. Here you will find a variety of articles and topics including dental news, advancements in dental technology and treatments, practical oral health advice and updates from our practice.
We hope you find our blog to be helpful, engaging and informational to ensure your best dental health.
As always, feel free to contact our Bayview Smiles, P.C. office with any dental questions or concerns.
-- Bayview Smiles, P.C.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.