Posts for tag: dental implants
If you are unhappy with your smile, Dr. Jonathan Carey, Dr. David Fantuzzo, and Dr. Jennifer Kopacz of Bayview Smiles Family Dentistry offer dental implants in Webster, NY.
Steps in the Dental Implant Process
Dental procedures happen every day, but they can still cause a great deal of unease. This is especially true when it’s a procedure such as a dental implant. It’s common to feel nervous, but understanding what happens during the process can help.
- The first step is to ensure you feel no pain during the process. Typically, this means having local anesthesia, like that which you receive during an extraction. Under some circumstances, such as if you have a dental phobia or are getting multiple implants, you might receive another form of sedation.
- Dr. Carey, Dr. Fantuzzo, or Dr. Kopacz will extract the tooth that is being replaced by the dental implant and ensure the extraction site is clean. They will then drill a hole into your jaw bone for the implant.
- If you do not have sufficient bone to hold in the implant, a bone graft will be completed. A bone graft is a process of taking bone tissue from another source to place into the jaw. Sometimes, this tissue comes from the patient, but it can also be supplied through other sources, such as a human or animal tissue bank.
- If no bone graft is needed, you’ll move directly to the next step. If a graft is needed, you’ll have to wait until it heals.
- Your dentist will insert the implants in your jaw beneath the gum.
- As the implant site needs time to heal, you’ll be given a set of temporary crowns. This healing process is known as osseointegration, which is when your jawbone and implant fuse together.
- Once healing is complete, a mold is taken from your mouth and teeth, which is then sent to the lab. There, your custom bridges or crowns are designed.
- When the lab has finished, you’ll return to Bayview Smiles in Webster, NY, where your dental implants will be put in place.
Feel good about your smile again. Make an appointment for dental implants in Webster, NY with Dr. Carey, Dr. Fantuzzo, or Dr. Kopacz of Bayview Smiles Family Dentistry by calling (585) 671-7277.
Dental implants from your dentists in Webster, NY, can give you back your smile.
If you are living with an incomplete smile because of missing teeth, your self-confidence is probably suffering too. Your smile is important and you deserve to show a great smile to the world. You can get back your beautiful smile with dental implants!
Dr. David Fantuzzo and Dr. Jonathan Carey of Bayview Smiles in Webster, NY, offer a full range of dental services, including dental implants to give you back your smile.
Dental implants are a great choice for just about everyone, but your healing time may be affected if you:
- Are diabetic
- Drink alcohol excessively
- Have a history of radiation to your face or jaws
Great oral hygiene is essential to get the best results from your dental implants, so it’s important to have an excellent oral hygiene regimen of brushing after meals and before bed, and flossing at least once each day. The really good news is, you can brush and floss your dental implants right along with your natural teeth, so it’s easy to maintain a healthy smile.
In addition to the easy maintenance of dental implants, there are many other benefits you will enjoy, including:
- A natural appearance, because materials that closely resemble tooth enamel are used for your dental implant crowns, so your dental implants will be virtually identical to your natural teeth
- Complete stability, because dental implants are firmly embedded in bone, so you can be confident they will never move around
- An amazing success rate, because dental implants are the most successful surgical implant, with a success rate of over 95 percent, according to the American Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Dental implants are the right choice for you, and they can give you back the smile you’ve been missing. To find out more about why dental implants are right for you, talk with the experts. Call Dr. Fantuzzo and Dr. Carey of Bayview Smiles in Webster, NY, at (585) 671-7277 now!