Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Crowns and bridges solve a multitude of dental problems. In fact, your Webster, NY, dentists at Bayview Smiles, Drs. David Fantuzzo and Jonathan Carey, often use the restorations to replace, restore or protect teeth.
How crowns and bridges can improve your smile
Dental health issues can happen no matter how carefully you care for your teeth. Your tooth could become a little weaker after a root canal, or you might break a tooth during a fall or lose a tooth after a dental abscess.
Depending on your particular problem, your dentist may recommend a crown or bridge during your visit to the Webster dental office. Crowns, commonly called caps, are hollow restorations that slide over the top of teeth and are cemented in place.
The restorations may be made of porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal, ceramic and resin. All of these materials look like natural tooth enamel and are strong enough to handle years of chewing and biting. Before you receive a crown, your dentist reduces the size of your tooth to ensure a comfortable fit for your restoration.
Bridges usually consist of one or two artificial teeth supported by crowns on either end. They're made of the same durable materials used to create bridges. Crowns and bridges are tinted to match a variety of tooth shades, ensuring that your restoration blends in with your smile. A crown or bridge can be a good option if you need to:
- Repair a Fractured Tooth: Crowns make fractured teeth whole again. The restorations restore the length and width of your tooth, enhance your appearance, and improve your biting and chewing ability.
- Strengthen a Fragile Tooth: Teeth can become fragile if they're cracked, brittle, or if you've had a large filling or root canal treatment. Unfortunately, weak teeth may eventually fracture if they're not strengthened with a crown.
- Replace Missing Teeth: Bridges fill the gaps in your smile if you've lost teeth. The crown portions of the teeth are cemented on to teeth on either side of your gap to ensure a stable, secure fit for your bridge. Crowns can also be used to replace missing teeth when they're attached to dental implants.
- Enhance Your Smile: Crowns can cover imperfections and discolorations in teeth, change the shape of teeth, or lengthen short teeth.
Could crowns and bridges help your smile? Call your Bayview Smiles dentists in Webster, NY, Drs. David Fantuzzo and Jonathan Carey, at (585) 671-7277 to schedule your appointment.
How teeth whitening from your dentists in Webster, New York can give you an outstanding smile
Is your smile outstanding, or is it dull and uninteresting? When you smile at people, do they smile back? Are you embarrassed by your smile? These are just a few of the questions you need to ask yourself, and then you need to talk to your dentist about teeth whitening.
Dr. David A. Fantuzzo and Dr. Jonathan S. Carey at Bayview Smiles in Webster, New York offer a wide range of family dentistry services, including professional teeth whitening to give you an outstanding smile.
Many things can influence the way your smile looks:
- Everyday habits like drinking coffee or smoking can lead to dark, stained teeth
- Normal aging can lead to dull, yellowing teeth
- Genetics or some medications can lead to blotchy, discolored teeth
The good news is, a professional teeth whitening treatment can change your smile from uninteresting to outstanding. Professional teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry services available because it is:
- Effective; you can whiten your smile up to 8 shades brighter
- Long-lasting; your dramatic results can last up to 5 years
- Safe; the products and methods used in professional teeth whitening have been rigorously tested and approved by the American Dental Association
- Quick; the in-office treatment takes only about an hour
At Bayview Smiles, you can choose from two professional teeth whitening methods:
- In-office whitening, which takes only about an hour; it’s an excellent choice to give you a bright white smile in a hurry, or just in time for a special event.
- Take-home whitening, which is a kit containing everything you need to whiten at your own pace, in your own home; it’s the ultimate convenience.
If your smile isn’t all it could be, it’s time to talk with your dentists about professional teeth whitening. It’s time to call Dr. David A. Fantuzzo and Dr. Jonathan S. Carey of Bayview Smiles in Webster, New York at (585) 671-7277. Call now!