Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Tobacco use, foods and drinks, medications, and even aging can eventually lead to yellowing of teeth. Unless a systemic disease or underlying factors are involved, teeth whitening can help to lighten those yellow teeth up to eight shades. It is done either in the dental office or at home as per the patient's choice. Before choosing your preferred method, Dr. David Fantuzzo, Dr. Jonathan Carey, and Dr. Jennifer Kopacz from Bayview Smiles recommend you talk to your dentist in Webster, NY, regarding the teeth whitening method that suits you the best.
Teeth Whitening in Webster, NY
During teeth bleaching, a whitening gel is applied to the teeth and left for the desired period. The gel can irritate gums and oral tissues. The dentist covers gums and tooth roots to prevent any burns from the whitening agent before applying the gel. Teeth whitening in Webster, NY, requires a careful evaluation of the patient's teeth before bleaching to find out which method will be effective. At-home teeth whitening requires you to load the customized trays made at the dental lab and place them over the teeth for about an hour. This procedure needs to be done multiple times. The whitening takes time whereas in the dental office it is visible in a single visit. The strength of the whitening gel is less compared to the one used in the dental office. The results of in-office bleach last longer as there is deeper action of the gel on the teeth.
If you are unsure, it is always better to let trained hands do the procedure for you in the dental office. To know more about teeth whitening services in Webster, NY, schedule an appointment with any of our dentists, Dr. David Fantuzzo, Dr. Jonathan Carey, or Dr. Jennifer Kopacz from Bayview Smiles by calling us at (585) 671-7277 today.
Crowns and bridges solve a multitude of dental problems. In fact, your Webster, NY, dentists at Bayview Smiles, Drs. David Fantuzzo and Jonathan Carey, often use the restorations to replace, restore or protect teeth.
How crowns and bridges can improve your smile
Dental health issues can happen no matter how carefully you care for your teeth. Your tooth could become a little weaker after a root canal, or you might break a tooth during a fall or lose a tooth after a dental abscess.
Depending on your particular problem, your dentist may recommend a crown or bridge during your visit to the Webster dental office. Crowns, commonly called caps, are hollow restorations that slide over the top of teeth and are cemented in place.
The restorations may be made of porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal, ceramic and resin. All of these materials look like natural tooth enamel and are strong enough to handle years of chewing and biting. Before you receive a crown, your dentist reduces the size of your tooth to ensure a comfortable fit for your restoration.
Bridges usually consist of one or two artificial teeth supported by crowns on either end. They're made of the same durable materials used to create bridges. Crowns and bridges are tinted to match a variety of tooth shades, ensuring that your restoration blends in with your smile. A crown or bridge can be a good option if you need to:
- Repair a Fractured Tooth: Crowns make fractured teeth whole again. The restorations restore the length and width of your tooth, enhance your appearance, and improve your biting and chewing ability.
- Strengthen a Fragile Tooth: Teeth can become fragile if they're cracked, brittle, or if you've had a large filling or root canal treatment. Unfortunately, weak teeth may eventually fracture if they're not strengthened with a crown.
- Replace Missing Teeth: Bridges fill the gaps in your smile if you've lost teeth. The crown portions of the teeth are cemented on to teeth on either side of your gap to ensure a stable, secure fit for your bridge. Crowns can also be used to replace missing teeth when they're attached to dental implants.
- Enhance Your Smile: Crowns can cover imperfections and discolorations in teeth, change the shape of teeth, or lengthen short teeth.
Could crowns and bridges help your smile? Call your Bayview Smiles dentists in Webster, NY, Drs. David Fantuzzo and Jonathan Carey, at (585) 671-7277 to schedule your appointment.
How teeth whitening from your dentists in Webster, New York can give you an outstanding smile
Is your smile outstanding, or is it dull and uninteresting? When you smile at people, do they smile back? Are you embarrassed by your smile? These are just a few of the questions you need to ask yourself, and then you need to talk to your dentist about teeth whitening.
Dr. David A. Fantuzzo and Dr. Jonathan S. Carey at Bayview Smiles in Webster, New York offer a wide range of family dentistry services, including professional teeth whitening to give you an outstanding smile.
Many things can influence the way your smile looks:
- Everyday habits like drinking coffee or smoking can lead to dark, stained teeth
- Normal aging can lead to dull, yellowing teeth
- Genetics or some medications can lead to blotchy, discolored teeth
The good news is, a professional teeth whitening treatment can change your smile from uninteresting to outstanding. Professional teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry services available because it is:
- Effective; you can whiten your smile up to 8 shades brighter
- Long-lasting; your dramatic results can last up to 5 years
- Safe; the products and methods used in professional teeth whitening have been rigorously tested and approved by the American Dental Association
- Quick; the in-office treatment takes only about an hour
At Bayview Smiles, you can choose from two professional teeth whitening methods:
- In-office whitening, which takes only about an hour; it’s an excellent choice to give you a bright white smile in a hurry, or just in time for a special event.
- Take-home whitening, which is a kit containing everything you need to whiten at your own pace, in your own home; it’s the ultimate convenience.
If your smile isn’t all it could be, it’s time to talk with your dentists about professional teeth whitening. It’s time to call Dr. David A. Fantuzzo and Dr. Jonathan S. Carey of Bayview Smiles in Webster, New York at (585) 671-7277. Call now!